3.03.2006

heart lotus

ooooh, let's decorate the day with a poem!



lotus

on the day when the lotus bloomed
alas, my mind was straying
and i knew it not

my basket was empty
and the flower remained unheeded

only now and again
a sadness fell upon me
i started up from my dream

and felt a sweet trace
of a strange fragrance
in the south wind

that vague sweetness
made my heart ache with longing
and it seemed to me
that is was the eager breath of the summer
looking for completion

i knew not then
that it was so near
that it was mine

and that this perfect sweetness
had blossomed in the depth of my own heart
- Rabindranath Tagore

This week I was working on this:

And making updates to this:

Conrad's slide show now has amazing audio and lives here:

1. make sure the volume is up
2. wait for it to download (.....breathing)
3. press 'PLAY' button in lower right (....patience)