11.18.2006

tijuana












Just back from a quick trip to San Diego and Tijuana. I like to go to such places and get lost first thing and then spend the day trying to find churches and temples.















Seems an effective way to get off the tourist route and dive deep into the heart of a place.
















Not sure how far I walked...too many miles to keep track of. I was pleased to discover that the chihuahua still reins supreme in Mexico. They seem to be everywhere, them and the border patrol. There were always at least 5 helicopters chopping up the sky and circling the wall that separates "us" from "them".




















Had a rather marvelous breakfast of nopales [cactus] and muy caliente chilies.














Hey! I thought I had come up with this whole "Pink Death" thing! They can't do that!





















A melange of seagull and verdent seaweed.




















!!!ROAR!!! I will crush you!
[click on the image to see thier mighty rage]














Pigeons perched on a pipe, birdie toes slipping off the entire time.