1.18.2007

shades of gray

Finally got the last batch of medium format photos back. As the world goes digital, its getting more and more difficult to find the 120mm. film for these little toy cameras.


















Because there is not a computer [or even a battery for that matter] to contend with in the Holga [the shutter is spring operated], one can manipulate the exposure quite a lot. I hold the shutter open for what feels like "The Right Amount of Time" and then let it close. I take multiple exposures in one frame or sometimes, as in the photo above, I advance the film only half way. I'm always amazed that it works.




















The school bus was from a Mud Lake photo shoot and the wagon was by the side of the road in Ward, Co. Click on the image, it looks nicer, larger...




















Is this a Pakard? I can't remember...it was located in Ward as well.




















Took this one during the snowstorm last week. I didn't adjust the color at all on this photo. The world really was a bleak landscape of gray.